Equipping Faith Communities
for Suicide Prevention & Recovery
Thurs., May 3, 2018
Grand Meridian, 2621 N. Oneida St., Appleton
$35 includes breakfast
|| Registration, Breakfast and Resource Fair
|| Welcome and Overview
|| One Congregation’s Story
|| Prevention: Resiliency and Seeing the Signs of Risk
|| Intervention: Guiding Someone to the Help They Need
|| Post-vention: Recovery and Grief/Loss
|| Wrap-Up and Evaluation
By the end of this session, attendees will:
- Recognize warning signs and causes of suicide.
- Begin to name ways to promote mental health and resiliency.
- Know basic intervention principles.
- Learn how to train others in the faith community to intervene when someone is at risk.
- Understand what resources are available for grief support after a suicide.
- Brainstorm ways to promote healing and hope as a faith community.