RE-CAP OF CREATING HOPE 2019
Equipping Faith Communities for Substance Abuse Awareness, Prevention and Recovery
Thurs., May 30, 2019
Grand Meridian, 2621 N. Oneida St., Appleton
$45 includes breakfast
|| Registration, Breakfast and Resource Fair
|| Welcome and Overview
|| A Story of Hope
|| Addiction Overview: Physiological, Psychological, Family and Societal Perspectives
|| Local Data Points: Dept. Human Services/Law Enforcement/Employers
|| A Second Story of Hope
|| Where Can One Go for Help in our Community
|| What Can Faith Communities Do in Response
|| Wrap up, Certificate of Attendance, Evaluation
By the end of this session, attendees will:
- Gain a better understand of what addiction is and how it impacts individuals, families and society.
- Gain understanding of how pervasive addiction is in our local community as well as nationally.
- Understand what resources are available in our community to address addiction.
- Understand ways to promote “recovery friendly” faith communities.
- Brainstorm ways to promote awareness, acceptance, healing and hope for addicts in our faith communities.